Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I don't think you understand....

Though some of you might... But I am experiencing the happiest time of my life. It literally brings joyful tears to my eyes. I stare at my wife while she's asleep. I watch my son canvas a park or swimming pool. I listen to my heart beat strongly. My senses are keen. My mind is strong. I'm learning and growing. And I'm happy.

I reflect on those experiences with my friends of the past and I know what I was doing in that time was filling a void in my life with temporary moments of satisfaction. I drowned my sadness in alcohol. I kept myself busy with clubbing and partying. I was the king of the social scene but a peasant in my own happiness.

But these past years have been amazing. I've grown so much and I'm so proud of myself for that. I married one of the most intelligent, beautiful, perfect (for me), amazing women in the world. She's my best friend. And I'm learning what it means to be vulnerable and strong and proud and proactive and everything else great that women bring into a man's life - because of her. And on top of it all, she raises my son with such an enthusiasm and fun spirit. Shoot, I have to up my game! lol

These are amazing times and I'm blessed that they won't ever stop.

I don't think you all can understand. There are words in this language to really explain it. So, I'll leave my attempt at this simple blog entry.

I pray everyone is out there feeling love and happiness. It's the absolute best feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment