Monday, May 11, 2015

It. Is. Done.

Graduation. The day I had imagined for many years. The answered prayer to a leap of faith that I took 5 years ago when I left a job a loved and challenged myself beyond what I ever could have imagined. The opened door to my family's financial stability. The ending to a story of struggle. The day came and went and I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to see it!

I did it!

The day - though it didn't materialize like I would have wanted it - was actually so much more beautiful and awesome than what I had conjured in my mind. It was met with so much excitement, a small bit of anxiety, and pride in my creation. I had my favorite coffee beverage to energize my early morning commute to the convocation center. And from then on, I rode the beautiful high that accomplishing a huge goal brings. (I later sat with a full bladder during the program - but that's not really the point. Lesson learned. haha)

There are some experiences in this life that I feel like I fell into or agreed to take part in to the pleasing of others. But Pharmacy was a conscious choice of my own. It was a bold step in the direction of what was uncomfortable, just out of my reach. But I decided to put my fears aside and trust that if I did my part, God would provide increase for me where I was weak. Sure enough, he has carried me through the tough times!

I left every ounce of myself in that pharmacy school. Every bit of energy. My time. My talents. My essence. I made sure that when granted an opportunity to chase my dreams I would pay it forward by exhausting myself in every aspect of that experience. There was not one organization that I wanted to join that I wasn't a part of. No research opportunity, conference or health fair went without my involvement. I literally did it all!

I have NO regrets.

Maybe that's why I feel so fulfilled within the realm of pharmacy. Because I emptied myself out and was given so much refueling in return. I feel prepared to come into my own as a clinical pharmacist. I feel confident in my clinical knowledge. And I'm excited to give so much of myself to the profession.

Here's to making so many solid connections over the years. To meeting the most amazing, dynamic, professional, intelligent individuals on the planet.

Make a spot for me in the annals of time. Because I'm about to make a difference in this world!

I present to you all: Mr. Johmyrin J. Johnson, BS, M.B.A., PharmD

Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment